As previously mentioned, I’ve been experimenting with using the combination of the Brave browser and its advertising partner program to bring in some extra funding for my work (and replace what I was getting from Patreon). You can see from my last blog post on the topic that the results have already been positive. Now… Read More Be Brave
Feh. This has been a nasty cold and flu season. After having it hit our house twice already this winter, we were struck again this week, with everyone in the house getting pretty ill with the exception of myself. That meant that I had to attend to the family’s needs, and therefore didn’t get much… Read More Stay Healthy, My Friends
I recently received this nice flowchart in email from Joe Marin, CO7RR which documents a method for programming the Si5351. It looks slightly different from the way I do it in the Si5351 Arduino library and I haven’t personally tried it, so I can’t vouch for its accuracy, but I wanted to pass it along in… Read More Si5351 Programming Flowchart
Today I received a pleasant surprise in my inbox: That’s a bit more than $8 at the current exchange rate. I didn’t know that someone (or multiple someones) was already using the Brave browser and allocating Basic Attention Tokens to me, so that was a really awesome surprise for me today. Thank you very kindly… Read More Many Thanks
As you have probably seen, I’ve launched occasional Twitch streaming of my work activities, including schematic capture, PCB layout, library coding, firmware coding, and even some solder melting. It’s been a bit of a learning curve, but I’ve been traversing it fairly successfully, I think. However, one big problem that I was having was with… Read More A New and Improved Experience
A brief update to let you know how things are going. I’ve got a long checklist of things to implement in the OpenBeacon Mini firmware, and much of it I can leverage from my old OpenBeacon 2 firmware (although quite a bit of that needs to be refactored and updated). However, one bit that I… Read More OpenBeacon Mini Firmware Coding Proceeds
I had one footprint error, but otherwise it seems to be working as expected. About 300 mW RF output. More details to follow.
…receiving a shipment of PCBs from Shenzhen.
Since I’m waiting for circuit boards for OpenBeacon Mini to arrive, I want to keep the waiting time as productive as possible, so I’ve been working on the firmware. Specifically, one of my recent goals was to factor all of the modulation code out of the spaghetti mess that is the current state of the… Read More A New Arduino Library Appears!